A TRIBUTE TO ANDRZEJ ZULAWSKI
Possession (35mm restoration)
Wednesday, July 27th: 7:30pm
Thursday, July 28th: 7:30pm
Friday, July 29th: 10:30pm
Saturday, July 30th: 7:00pm
Sunday, July 31st: 10:30pm
Monday, August 1st: 7:30pm
Tuesday, August 2nd: 10:30pm
The Third Part of the Night (new Polish DCP restoration)
Tuesday, August 23rd: 7:30pm
Wednesday, August 24th: 7:30pm
Friday, August 26th: 7:30pm
Saturday, August 27th: 4:00pm
Sunday, August 28th: 10:00pm
Monday, August 29th: 10:00pm
Tuesday, August 30th: 10:00pm
Wednesday, August 31st: 10:00pm
Polish Women’s Alliance of America – 814
INVITES YOU TO
September Fall Luncheon &
16900 Roscoe Blvd., Van Nuys
11:30am Saturday, September 10, 2016
Order from Menu. Reservations optional (need for general count)
Please call: (818) 429-3745 to RSVP
CALENDAR 2016 & 2017 (All dates and information may be changed.)
• PWA-814 Quarterly Luncheon & Program with a Speaker: Saturday, September 10, 11:30am at Lulu’s (16900 Roscoe Blvd, Van Nuys (near Balboa Blvd). Open seating. Order your lunch from the menu. Reservations not needed. Introductions, lunch, followed by Speaker. Please join us.
• PWA-814 Exec Brd Meeting: Wed Oct 5, 11:30am, Lulu’s. Make plans for Christmas Party and 2015 Officer nominations.
• Special Event- 17th Annual Polish Film Festival: October 11-20 GALA ($80.) at Egyptian Theater in LA, 6712 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood CA 90025. www.PolishFilmLA.org Contact: Vladek Jaszkiewicz (818) 982-8827
• SAVE THE DATE: October 16 or 23, TBA: Sunday Afternoon Bingo and Fundraiser – Prizes Galore!!
• Special Event- TBA: Polish Festival of LA: “Papal Day in LA (2015)” Sun October 23 (not sure – stay tuned or call (323) 734-5249), www.polskaparafiala.org/festival Facebook: Polish Festival Los Angeles
Our Lady of Bright Mount Carmel CC 3424 W Adams Blvd, LA, 90018-1820.
* PWA-814 Exec Brd Mtg: Wed Nov 2, 11:30am, Lulu’s.
Final plans for Christmas Party and 2017 Officer nominations
• Special Event- November 2 -6, 2016 Paderewski Festival – A Premier Central Coast Music Festival, Paso Robles Special screening: TBA – 2016 and Paderewski Lecture Series: Paderewski’s influence on Paso Robles and History of the Festival www.paderewskifest.com
• Special Viewing- “Liberating a Continent: JOHN PAUL II & the Fall of Communism” – TBA
• PWA-814 Christmas Party Sat December 3, 11:30am, Lulu’s
Plus gift exchange, entertainment and 2017 Officer confirmation.
• Special Event- Annual Carnival Ball by Krakusy – January 15, 2017 from 5;30 –7pm
• PWA-814 Exec Board Meeting: Wed Jan 11, 11:30 am via conference call. If you are able to come my home for the Potluck on the 16th (Martin Luther King Holiday), we will complete any business.
• Special Event- Polish Potluck at Elaine’s: Monday Jan 16,2017
11:30am at 1706 Marian Ave, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360-2162
• PWA-814 Quarterly Mtg & Program TBD.
• Special Event: “The Crucifixion,” by Jan Styka 3rd annual
Tentative: Sat Mar 18, 11am (arrive by 10:45am). Lunch optional at Polka Restaurant.
Hall of The Crucifixion, 1712 S Glendale Ave, CA
Glendale Forest Lawn www.ForestLawn.com- Carpool – RSVP. Jan Styka was a Polish artist from early 1900’s.
• Special Activity: “Topienie Marzamny” Mar 21, the day when children throw dolls – symbolizing winter’s end, – into the rivers
¶ Special Event- Scanfest: Tentative: April 1 & 2, 2017 Sat/Sun 10am-5 pm (help at our booth) PWA-814 Booth (Scandinavian Festival – CLU –Share our joint heritage – Polish/Swedish Connection)
• PWA-814 Exec Board Meeting: Wed April 5, 11:30 am
• PWA-814 Quarterly Meeting and Program: TBD.
• Special Event “Polish Day In LA”: Sat June 10, 2 -10 pm
PWA-814 Booth: 117 Linden Ave, Long Beach (www.PolandConnected.com) www.PolishSportshof.com
• PWA-814 Committee to plan Calendar
• PWA-814 Exec Board Meeting: Wed Aug 2, 11:30 am
• PWAA’s Lady of Czestochowa, Queen of Poland – August 26
• PWA-814 Quarterly Luncheon & Program: TBD.
• Special Event Polish Festival Of LA: Sun TBD, 10am – 8pm Our Lady of Bright Mount Carmel CC
3424 W Adams Blvd, LA, 90018-1820. www.polskaparafiala.org/festival
• PWA-814 Exec Brd Meeting: Discuss Fundraiser or Christmas Party, Wed Oct 5, 11:30am, Lulu’s.
•PWA-814 Exec Board Meeting: Wednesday Nov 1, 11:30am, Lulu’s,
• PWA-814 Christmas Party – December 2 0r 9, 2017: TBD.
• Special Event in Krakow, PL – Dec 5: Christmas Szopki (Crech) Competition
DAMY I HUZARY of Aleksander Fredro by Joanna Borkowska-Surucic
Fantacja Theatre from Sydney, Australia with guest performance by KRAKUSY
Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 7PM
Grace Ford Salvatori Auditorium,
637 Lucas Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tickets: $15.00; Youth 18 and under and Modjeska Club Members free.
Regarding attendees or tickets call Andrzej Dowen (818/951-9550), or e-mail to Prezes@modjeska.org
Polish American performing Arts Club w Orange County zaprasza w
Niedziel 25 wrzesnia 2016 o godzinie 18.00 na recital Stanislawa Gorki
znanego aktora i piosenkarza,
Brea Cultural Center
1 Civic Center Circle
Brea CA 92821
Bilety w cenie $25.00 i $20.00 czlonkow PAPA Club , Polam FCU , PNA, KPA
i mlodziez do 25 roku
OPENING NIGHT GALA
(by invitations only for donors and supporters)
Tuesday , October 11, 2016
Please join us for the Gala Opening of the 17th PFFLA featuring Our star-studded gala during which both Polish and American moviemakers will walk the red carpet at Hollywood’s legendary Egyptian Theatre.
To become a supporter and attend the Gala Opening, please make a minimum donation of $80.00 (per person) before September 30, 2016. The VIP seats are available for a minimum donation of $250.00 (per person). If we receive your donation before September 15th, your name will be printed in the Festival catalog. Please donate online through PayPal (click on the DONATE buttun above) or send a check to Polish American Film Society to 7726 Ethel Ave., North Hollywood, CA 91605.